New for Blazing Swan 2020
Theme Camp and Artwork (TCA) Leads
As you are hopefully already aware, Jilakin Rock City operates as a construction site prior to gate-open and after gate-close. At those times, Theme Camp and Artwork (TCA) Leads are responsible for ensuring their work crews operate on-site in accordance with Worksafe requirements.
All TCA Leads must provide and maintain a safe work environment during the construction and pack down of their work sites.
TCA Work Crew Leads must register at HQ immediately on arrival, where the Blaze Risk Team (aka Fun Police) will run the Lead through a quick site induction to communicate essential site-wide operations, layout, radio, medical and evacuation information. The lead must then pass on that essential info to all their work crew.
Note that TCA Work Crew Leads remain responsible for managing OHS in their own theme camp and/or artwork build areas. However to help those Leads with minimal knowledge or time to develop an OHS induction package, the very generous OHS guru’s in the Fun Police have kindly prepared the attached induction package for you to use and/or to refine to create one that addresses the unique work activities and safety issues specific to your work site.
TC&A Pre Arrival OHS Induction BS 2019
TC&A On Site OHS Induction BS 2019
This OHS induction package is a GIFT and NOT COMPULSORY but if someone gets hurt on your work site and you don’t have your own OHS package, it might save your ass if Worksafe or lawyers come knocking at your door.
Of course, PDF documents don’t implement themselves … so you’ll need to do more than save it on your iPad. Print it up and once on-site but before you start work, get all your crew to read it and most important>>> sign their names on the hardcopy.
The Fun Police also strongly recommend you keep hardcopy Emergency Contact information and relevant Medical information in sealed envelopes (for privacy) for each of your Work Crew in case it is needed in an Emergency.
We look forward to seeing you out at JRC. If you have any immediate (pre-mobilisation to Kulin) OHS queries, get in touch with the Blaze Fun Police via firstname.lastname@example.org
2020 Blazing Swan Theme/Sound Camps that have structures over 3 metres high or with a area 50 metres squared or larger require a Mandatory Structural Approval Authority Sign Off.
Please provide any drawings, sketches and diagrams plus any other information that may help your application to move forward. You will need to assign someone in your camp to be the ‘Competent Person’ or structural advisor as we are bound by state laws, namely the ‘Health Act (Public Buildings) Regulations 1992’ and a ‘Statement of Construction’ for the Shire of Kulin amongst other documents, which require a person from you camp to sign off on your structural and electrical requirements.
Theme Camp Layout Plans
Following the guidelines below, please prepare your camp layout plan prior to starting your Placement Questionnaire. Layout plans are submitted as file uploads into the Questionnaire.
- Accepted formats are Joint Photographic Group (.jpg), Portable Network Graphics (.png), or Portable Document Format (.pdf). Limit file size to approximately 1 MB. Most printer drivers will allow a document to be saved as a .pdf file. Hand-drawn layouts are discouraged, but you may photograph a drawing or sculpture of your layout with a digital camera, in order to create a .jpg file for submission. Please include your camp name and contact information in your camp plan.
- Layout plans must be an overhead view of your camp.
- Include both frontage and depth dimensions in feet.
- Be A4 “landscape” (horizontal) orientation, best suited for black & white printing — avoid dark, cluttered backgrounds.
- We know they’re visually impressive, but please do not use satellite photos of previous years.
- Mark out significant features and each project within your camp area:
- Where is the camp entrance?
- Where is the main structure or area for the participant interactions?
- Where are vehicles parked?
- Where are generators?
- A camp frontage view is requested, but not required.
- When submitting your plan as a digital file, be sure the file name is your unique camp name (NOT the generic “camp plan” or “layout plan”).
- When writing or replying to us, ensure your camp name is in the subject line of all emails.
Here is an example plan from Glow Labs and a write up of their process is here
If you have any enquires please email: themecamps(at)blazingswan(dot)com(dot)au