Everything you need to know about Blazing Swan 2021: Phoenix in a nutshell
This year Blazing Swan will look a little different from previous years. The changes being introduced are predominantly being made to help ensure that the event can continue in accordance with covid-restrictions.
The following is currently being planned for our 2021 event:
- The event capacity is limited to 1,500 people, this is our total capacity on site and includes participants, theme camps, volunteers and children.
- The event dates remain over the Easter long weekend, however the event will be slightly shorter than usual.
- Gates will open 12pm Thursday 1st April, with the event closing 12pm Tuesday 6th April. Blazing Swan 2021: Phoenix will officially start at 12:01am Friday morning and end at 11:59pm Monday night
- This means the event is only 1 day shorter than usual; as we have always unofficially used as Wednesday as “bump in” day with minimal theme camp activity, and Tuesday as “bump out’ day. The difference this year; Thursday 5th is now “bump in”, with the event officially starting at midnight, and Tuesday 6th for “pack out”.
- Theme Camp set up crews will gain access to JRC from Saturday 27th of March
- The tiered ticketing system will be replaced this year for a “one-tier” system along with other alternative tickets as follows:
- General tickets – $325
- Volunteer tickets $250. Returning volunteers must have completed at least 14 hours of logged volunteer shift time at the 2019 event to gain access to this tier. First time volunteers will gain access to guaranteed General priced tickets.
- Theme Camp tickets (guaranteed) – $275
- Young Adults aged 16-17 years old – $75
- Teens aged 11-15 years old – $50
- Children aged 0-10 years old – $25
- Due to Covid restrictions, there will be no door sales this year and there will not be local ticket sales.
- All tickets are fully refundable in the event of COVID cancellation up until the gates open
- Any ticket transfers will be made, like last year, through Tixel.
Please note – that this year, ZipPay is not available.
The general ticket release date is 12pm and 6pm Saturday 27th of February. Buy your tickets here!
To assist participants’ various schedules two batches of tickets will be released on the same day. Hopefully this will provide more chances to grab a ticket.
As usual, Blazing Swan Members will be provided with ticketing early access;- as our way of saying thank you for their support. Those who have donated money as part of our fundraising efforts will also be provided with early access – thank you for your support. These groups will be contacted with further information prior to tickets being made available to them from 12pm Saturday 20th February.
Ticket sales are limited to 2 per person.
Your name on the ticket MUST match your ID