The Blazing Swan Inc. 2019 AGM was held at the Swan’s Nest on 4 August.
In the weeks leading up to the AGM the membership attracted an extra 50 people taking the total membership to 138 members.
At the meeting, the first item discussed was changes to the constitution. These were reviewed by members and passed with the major item to note being that newly elected committee members will now serve a 2 year term.
The second item on the agenda was new Treasurer Nimmi Carlose presenting the 2018 – 2019 financial report. For the first time Blazing Swan Inc. presented its members with an audited financial report.
Other financial updates were presented on
- The new lease agreement for the Nest which was negotiated down in price
- The purchase of assets including 2 new generators and electrical cabling that will reduce hire costs for Blazing Swan event and can be used to hire to other events throughout the year
- Savings gained from going to quote on major event hire items
The New Committee
Finally, the election of the new Organisatonal Committee was called. Executive officeholders were all unopposed but passed by majority via a show of hands with the following people taking the exec positions:
- Chairperson – Vida Barrett
- Vice Chairperson – Steven Soames
- Treasurer – Nimmi Carlose
- Secretary – Pasan Tennekoon
The ordinary committee members were voted on via preferential voting and the following members were elected:
- Tim Viljoen
- Sharon Banks
- Laurie Caddy
- Anton Lord
- Justin Crawford
- Karen Becker
- Neesh Peacock and
- Sonia Vivienne-Thorpe.
Welcome to our new Committee!
A massive thank you to Daniel Taylor, Brooke Sterelli, Matthew Robinson, Cat Conner and all previous committee members and leads for all of your time, dedication and support to get us to where we are now.